This course is perfect for beginners and requires no previous experience. This course is a great way to get insight into the skills required of a barista including espresso preparation, steaming milk, and maintaining a clean bar.
Key Topics of learning
– Learning about grinding, dosing, and tamping
– An introduction to milk techniques
– Creating a barista menu
– The importance of hygiene, health, and safety
– Machine cleaning, maintenance, and troubleshooting
– Customer service essential
About NCA’s Basic Barista Course
In NCA’s introductory barista course for beginners, you will learn the fundamental coffee-making skills required to make drinks from the coffee menu.
This class is suitable for aspiring baristas looking for work and home baristas who would like to learn how to make better coffee at home.
You will learn how to correctly dose, tamp, and extract consistently delicious espresso using professional espresso machines and without an espresso machine at home.
From there you will learn to steam the perfect jug of silky smooth milk to create most of the popular drinks on today’s coffee menu including the latte, flat white, and cappuccino, babyccino, hot chocolate, café mocha, and more.
You will have access to freshly roasted coffee beans of different types and milk to practice with. With our small class sizes equipped with all the modern equipment and technologies, we guarantee you’ll walk away making better coffee than you did walking in.
What you will learn?
• Learn how to operate a commercial espresso machine, Super-automatic coffee machines, and capsules.
• Learn How to operate the coffee grinder, OCD (Ona Coffee Distributor), Kalita single dose grinder, MoccaMaster.
• Learn to use various types of pitchers (including Italian Motta Pitcher), Refractometers, TDS.
• Understand practical espresso standards and guidelines for coffee.
• Brew ratios for espresso coffee.
• How, why, and when to adjust the grind setting for a correct espresso pour.
• Correctly texture milk for silky microfoam.
• Learn to make most of the coffees on the coffee menu.
• How to clean the espresso machine with back-flush detergent.
Who is this Barista Course for?
There are no prerequisites or requirements to join this barista course.
We recommend this barista course if:
• You have little to no experience making coffee
• You’re looking to find a job as a barista
• You make coffee at home and would like to learn proper coffee making techniques
• Coffee enthusiasts and home baristas
• You’ve made coffee before but would like to learn proper techniques
Why do a Barista Course?
There’s more to coffee making than just throwing the beans in the grinder and putting it into a machine.
Bean types, grind settings, dosing, tamping, extraction, milk steaming, and milk pouring all have to come together to produce consistently delicious coffee, every single time.
But it’s not as difficult as it may sound; we make espresso drinks every day and we want you to be able to as well.
Learning a new skill can be daunting, and there are many ways to learn. Coffee-making is no exception. You can learn by reading a book or even watching a video and then trying to figure it out on your own.
In our experience, a barista course is a fantastic way to complement your learning style. Learning the basics of coffee making from an expert barista trainer can slash your learning time by months!
A simple investment of a few hours per day and a little bit of money into a barista course can potentially save you years of frustration.
Thanks to our small group sizes, our barista trainers will be able to quickly spot and correct any mistakes you make ensuring you don’t develop bad habits.
Our barista courses are conducted at the Inclusive Barista School at National Coffee Academy.
We can be found at:
Narephant, Koteswor, Kathamndu, Nepal [map]
Empowering Coffee Professionals and Baristas since 2010