Q Grader; Authorized SCA Trainer; Disability Inclusive Coffee Educator
Former Executive Board Member, Nepal Tea & Coffee Dev. Board
Raj Kumar Banjara, Ph.D. is an awardee of the Nepal Bidhya Bhusan ‘Ka’ Medal, the highest level of Academic medal conferred by the Rt Hon. president of Nepal. He is the first licensed coffee Q Grader of Nepal who has been working in different sectors of coffee including growing, processing, roasting, and export; all of which cultivated his understanding of what good quality coffee should be.
He has experience working effectively within local communities, international organizations, and government officials especially in the sector of sustainability initiatives, international coffee supply & value chain activities, coffee quality improvement, and international trade. He has provided training & consultancy services for many coffee enterprises, cooperatives and farmers.
Dr. Banjara has served as an executive board member of the Nepal Tea and Coffee Development Board (NTCDB) and Nepal Coffee Federation (NCF).
Latest Coffee Related Experiences
- Coffee Training for Deaf and PwD
- Host – Inclusive Barista Training for People with Disabilities, March 2021
- Host SCA Brewing Intermediate and Professional – 2019
- Host Cum Facilitator – CQI Coffee Processing level 1 with Ms. Emma Sage – 2019
- Principal Trainer, Coffee Production and Quality Management – 2018 (Nepal Tea and Coffee Development Board (NTCDB) Regional Office Pokhara, Nepal)
- Lead Consultant, Pre Q Cup Tasting Training Program – 2018 (Organized by EU funded Hamro Coffee Project and National Coffee Producers Association)
- National Senior Expert, National Coffee Cupping Even- 2018 (Organized by Nepal Tea and Coffee Development Board (NTCDB); Ministry of Agricultural Development (MoAD); Ministry of Commerce (MoC) in the association of EU-TPSD Project)
- Technical Committee Member for 2017 – 2018 National Skill Testing Board, Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)
- Effects of Organic Farming on the Livelihood of Small Holders in Nepal
- Economic Impact Of Organic Farming; Cases From The Farmers Of Nepal – Published by – Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, UK
- Participatory Guarantee Systems (PGS) As Alternative To Third Party Organic Certification For Farmers In Nepal Published by – The International Journal of Humanities & Social Studies, India
- Sustainable Model Of Organic Agriculture Published by – Journal of Advanced Academic Research (JAAR), Nepal
- Principles Of Organic Agriculture And Its Social Implication In Reference To The Nepalese Practices Published by – Int’l Journal of Sociology of Agriculture and Food (IJSAF), UK
- Implication Of Diffusion Model In The Process And Practices Of Organic Farming In Nepal Published by – New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research